View Single Post
Old
08-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman33 View Post
For mine it just says you have to be registered to take the level 1 the day before you take level 2, the same with level 3. I am going to take level 1 and 2 back to back, then 3 the next time it is offered like a month later. All of the ones I am looking at are at colleges and don't involve going anywhere near the ice. They just say to bring a notebook and pencil.
Well, generally they provide you with all of the paper work that comes in a binder or notebook. I recommed that you take a pen and a high lighter. Oh and some business cards to do networking with....very important!

Level 1 has on-ice training. Levels 2 and 3 are in a class room setting where each class is about 8 hours long. They do break for lunch and normally, depending on the state, they give you an hour for lunch that you buy for yourself.

Level 4 and 5 are National seminars and they run about 5 days each. In these classes you have head speakers that could be NHL or College coaches. In level 5, you will have a Master's theses to do which should take you several days or months to complete.

Both 4 and 5 can be a little pricey. Five days at a hotel, plus meals, plus airfare, plus the course. Could run you anywhere from $1500 to $2000. Hopefully by that time, your association will pick up the tab.

But, If I were your hockey director, I would only pay for the most seasoned coaches to go to those levels. But you can always go pay for them yourself...like I did!

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote