View Single Post
Old
08-24-2008, 01:36 AM
NYReign

vCash: 500
I was never a huge Tyutin fan but for the most part he is a solid defenseman. However, if he gets on a bad stretch he can be truly terrible and take a while to get out of his funk. Personally, I would have dealt him for just about anything after his putrid playoffs and was beyond thrilled to get Zherdev for him. And I wouldn't count on him for offense; he has a heavy shot but our boards are probably dented by all the times he didn't get it on net. I wish Fedor the best and I hope he can make the jump to the first pair, but if nothing else he is a decent 2nd pairing guy so he won't be a total loss.

Which brings me to Backman. He could very well be a total loss. He is very very talented and very very nervous. If he can settle in and play a smart game, he will be a steal but don't bet on it. If he can't settle in, then he will make the most boneheaded turnovers you've ever seen and be in the box at least once a game for an unnecessary hook. His first game with us I believe he had 10 PIM (it might have been eight, I think he hooked someone and the ref missed who did it and penalized Staal) and there was no light at the end of the tunnel from there.

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote