View Single Post
Old
08-25-2008, 08:34 AM
squishy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Squishy,

Do you see Potter or Sanguinetti or some other defenceman being the first one called up incase of an Injury or Trade?
If everyone started off in the same place they ended last season (an unlikely if) I think it would be Potter, Pock, then Sanguinetti. But Denisov and Fahey are unknows -- one or both could easily jump ahead of those three. Or a slow start could knock one of the first three lower down the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
do we all agree that Pock is the logical 7th D man?...........Potter could be there as well but I don't see the point of him sitting around
Whether Pock wins the 7th spot will largely be up to him. If he's undergone an attitude adjustment, and isn't going to complain publicly about not playing every night, he has a decent shot at winning the 7th spot. But right now the lack of depth in the system on defense suggests to me (baring no futher moves or signings -- which seams unlikely) that the Rangers won't carry a 7th to start the season.

I still think at least one more defenseman will be brought into the mix, so until we see who that is, it's hard to predict where people will end up.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote