Thread: Proposal: Car-wash
View Single Post
Old
08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
GIN ANTONIC

vCash: 500
The whole Semin vs. Williams thing really depends on what your team needs. Williams is the kind of guy where it doesn't matter what system you play or what your needs are, he'll fit in great because he's a 30-40 player who is great on the PP and PK and has great speed. Not to mention other than last year he has been very durable throughout his career. Now if you're team is starving for scoring or needs a boost then maybe Semin would be of more interest. For the sake of argument we'll take the Canucks. A team that definitely needs an upgrade in the scoring department. Which player would you want? If it were me, because they have players like Kessler, Burrows and a very strong D-core, I'd probably go with Semin because those other players mentioned can do some of the things that Williams can do. Not many people on the Canucks can say they are close to Semin Goal scoring ability so I would think he's more needed on a team like that. Having said that, do the Canes need help in the scoring department? No. Do the Caps already have some good defensively reliable forwards? Yes. So why do they do this trade? Semin and Williams bring different types of game to the table, that's the real difference between them. Not their quality of play.

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote