View Single Post
Old
08-26-2008, 08:29 AM
D713B

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
IIRC Tyutin played both penalty kill and some power play. He stood out more to me on the PP (so I guess he was on the PK) but not in a good way. Seemed to have trouble keeping the puck in the offensive zone and his shots were hardly on net. I think he's best kept playing defensive hockey, I don't think he's got the ability to contribute offensively. Hopefully Hitchcock can maximize his strengths.
Tyutin played over 181 minutes on the power play and your right, he wasn't really that effective. He only recorded 6 points. He has good offensive potential and a decent shot but that potential never really materialized. Just to give you some comparison Mara had about 139 minutes on the power play and he produced 6 points as well. If he can ever figure out how to hit the net then he could put up some numbers worthy of mentioning. He's a very solid defender though and plays well short handed as he played nearly 200 minutes on the PK last year.

You can't ask for much more from a 2nd pairing d-man and Tyutin is a very solid one. The only thing that is cause for concern is that it appears he tires down the stretch and in the playoffs. Hopefully as he gets older he will improve upon that. I wish him the best and I'm sad to see him go.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote