View Single Post
Old
08-26-2008, 10:25 AM
petelevi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I would think that Spezza, Heatley, Alfredson, Fisher, Vermette, Kelly, Neil, Ruutu, Donovan and McAmmond are probably pencilled in to make the team. With 13 forwards already signed Nikulin will have to fight it out with Foligno, Bass and Winchester for those two final spots. And what happens if Murray signs that veteran top 6 forward he is looking for? The other question is will Nikulin report to Bingo if he doesn't make the Ottawa team? It will certainly be interesting to see what happens at training camp this year although trades are always a possibility to change the makeup of a team in a hurry.
I believe Nikulin has made it clear he is staying in North America regardless of whether he makes the team straight out or not (Ilya Zubov is the same way).

On the Winchester question, he's on a one-way and I have yet to see the Sens put someone on that kind of contract in the minors, so I don't think he's going anywhere.

The odds are good that Nikulin will start in Bingo (depending on injuries), but I do not think the Sens are going to keep Dean McAmmond, and if he's traded I think he would be the guy called up. Training camp will make a strong impact on what happens. On the plus side, we know Nikulin is going to be in better condition than he was last year, & that will help.

petelevi is offline   Reply With Quote