View Single Post
Old
08-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterOnly View Post
Man, this is just crazy. Flyers fans running amok! Kaktus and SF here acting as if it's insulting to compare Toskala and Biron. I can't believe this is even up for debate, or that Leafs fans would cave to the point of saying Toskala is only slightly better than Biron.
What the hell are you talking about? Get a clue. No one is insulted about a comparison. I mean, I listed their career stats side by side. I compared them myself, genius. Look at the numbers. If either one is better than the other, is in only slight.

Quote:
As a fan of the Sharks and the Flyers, and still being a fan of Biron, I will say that Toskala is a significant upgrade to Biron. He's more athletic and quicker side-to-side. Biron has a better glove hand and is perhaps better positionally. I've watched Toskala for years and a lot of Biron this year, and I feel confident enough to say that a hot Toskala beats a hot Biron four out of five times and that an average Toskala puts up quite the fight against a hot Biron.
You're entitled to your opinion, but once again, that doesn't necessarily make it F'ing so. A significant upgrade? Brodeur is a sig upgrade. As is Luongo. As is Lundqvist. The numbers suggest that Toskala is NOT a sig upgrade.

Quote:
Do I like Biron? Yeah. I love his presence. I love his desire. I was his biggest fan this past playoffs. But would I trade him for Toskala? In a heartbeat. I wouldn't even care about the cap difference, I'd make room. I firmly believe that he can carry a team to the cup.
Good for you. You have an opinion. It still doesn't mean squat. Toskala has never done any more in the NHL than Biron has. The difference between the two is negligible at best.

Quote:
What have they accomplished? Neither has accomplished much. Biron, however, did lose the starting job to Miller (who, might I add, I would also trade for Toskala given the opportunity).
You would take him over Miller? Really? You're serious? There really isn't much I can add here....

Quote:
Wow, that was long.
It most certainly was, and it still didn't do anything to suggest Toskala is better than Biron. It was just a long-winded opinion of why you think Toskala is better, when you could have skipped over all of that and just compared the stats. Opinions are just that, opinions, and you are entitled to yours. Stats are fact. They can't be disputed. And the stats say there is no discernible difference between the two goalies.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote