Old
08-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Sundinisagod
93 v2.0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
OK...let me get this straight...

Despite the fact that Toskala and Biron are almost identical in age and statistics, despite the fact that Biron helped lead the Flyers to the ECF, despite the fact that Biron outperformed Toskala last season in both GAA and SV%, I am supposed to believe that Toskala is the superior goalie because you, J. Greenstein, says so?

Well then, color me convinced

Well you are the one who said you weren't a big believer in stats...then you say that stats are fact and can't be disputed. Well you are wrong, because they can be disputed. A goalie's stats can be reflective of the team as much as the goalie. Most people would agree that Toskala is the better goalie. You are quick to dismiss the poll I posted, where Toskala blows away Biron...well the result of this poll is more accurate than your (stat based)opinion or mine. THN Yearbook rates Toskala at #35 of their top 50 players, 4 spots ahead of the goalie that Biron played second fiddle to...of course Biron is not in the top 50. It's a Mike Brophy article, his opinion should be deemed to carry more weight than yours or mine. If you know of some current goalie rankings, I'd love to see them.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote