View Single Post
Old
08-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
well, id start by finding comparable statistics, like career save% and GAA (though this stat tends to be inflated by poor teams). also, look at success at the pro level and if possible, any hardware (trophies, awards, etc) that they've won.
I already tried that. Its no use. Stat-based arguments carry no weight here. Statistics have virtually no correlation to a players' actual value. Value is determined solely by polls and rankings.

It's kinda like getting pulled over for speeding...

Police Officer: Do you have any idea how fast you were going?
Dumb Driver: Yes officer, I was doing 63 mph.
Police Officer: No, I clocked you doing 76 in a 65 mph zone on my radar gun.
Dumb Driver: That can't be right. I just polled all 5 passengers in my vehicle, and the consensus is that I was only doing 63. Ya know, sometimes those numbers on your radar gun aren't correct. Its a bad judge of the actual speed of my vehicle.
Police Officer: But the radar gun is the best way we have to tell exactly how fast you were going.
Dumb Driver: C'mon officer! I mean, even my wife always complains about how slow I drive. Out of all my friends, I was ranked the slowest driver, and the one least likely to speed.
Police Officer: Well, you convinced me. I can't believe I was naive enough to bring the radar gun into this discussion. If you and your passengers say you weren't speeding, then that must be fact. I am very sorry to bother you. Carry on, and remember, buckle up!

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote