View Single Post
Old
08-26-2008, 03:22 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
No Hudler, if the Habs wanted a guy like that they'd have kept Grabovski. And for McDonagh? He's the type of prospect you trade in a package for a star, not a dimitive center to play on your third line.
You do realize Hudler scored 42 points with very little ice-time, right?

Hudler had a very similar production rate as Andrei Kostitsyn, with less PP time and overall TOI.

I probably wouldn't want to move McDonagh for him, but I think you are underrating him.

Quote:
If I'm the Coyotes, I see no reason to trade Reinprecht(and most likely for a guy who could one day be like Reinprecht) as he's been a good part of the club.
Reinprecht has been great for them, but he's not getting younger. He's 32-years old and Phoenix, I think, is a good 2-years away from contending. Reinprecht is in the last year of his deal and could bring back a solid return as far as a decent prospect goes.

Quote:
Gratton stinks and they just got Jokinen, why would they trade him?
There has been rumours everywhere that Jokinen is the odd man out. There has been stuff flying around that they want to shed $5-$6M before the season starts. They have Prospal, Lecavalier, St. Louis, Malone, Vrbata, and Stamkos as their top-6.

They also have Halpern, Recchi, Ouellet, Roberts and Jokinen. Two of those players are going to be 4th-line guys and they will likely have to move at least one, if not two of them.

On top of those 11 players, the Lightning have the following under contract;

Gratton, Artytukhin, Craig, Ward, Hall and Tarnasky.

[/QUOTE]Antropov would be great, for whom though? That's what annoys me about trades with the Leafs. They'd ask for a lot and it's almost a guarantee it"ll come back and bite the Habs ass.[/QUOTE]
True, but even if he's not producing offensively, his defensive game is just as good.

Quote:
Kozlov wouldn't be a bad idea although he's an uninspired and uninspiring player, I wouldn't touch Nylanders contract though.
Yeah, Kozlov isn't the best option.. but he's decent. Nylander does have a horrible contract which I said in the Sundin thread.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote