View Single Post
Old
08-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Also what I find amazing is how people (not saying you) defend Reddens siginig even though he is coming off of 2 real bad years @ $6.5 mil, and could very well be at the beginning of the end of his career for 6 years. which will leave him at 37 but absolutely abhor the thought at signing Nylander (a player playing fantastic hockey, become one of the best setup men in the league) for 4 years at which time he will be 40, which by the way would make Jagr keep playing at a high level and cheap for another year b/c he would have hit his point incentives. makes absolutely no sense.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would classify Redden's contract as anything but "troubling", AT BEST.

After Nylander's season ending injury last year, I can't see how he's anything but a case study on why you'd have to be smoking crack to hand out that kind of contract to someone over 35. I'd be surprised if he EVER returns to form, nevermind make himself a productive 1st liner at 40 worthy of a $5M cap hit.

We're of 2 different mindsets regarding just how competitive and close to success the past 3 Ranger teams were, which makes this discussion pretty pointless.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote