Thread: Dreger: Gillis targeting Schneider
View Single Post
Old
08-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Hi-wayman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Thank you both, for having a hockey conversation without calling each other morons, and I mean this in the highest respect. It's been a long time since I've seen a conversation that isn't immature.

Now. I think if the Canucks could spare a d-man, likely a prospect like Ellington and a pick for Schneider, that would help in the forward position as well. On the PP the Canucks lack a guy to be the go-to man, and they have decent talent on the forward position. Givin a PP QB, I think this area would take off, rather than siging/trading for a 2nd line center. The problem in my eyes is the Canucks don't have a player that controls their PP, a dominant force, Schenider would be that guy. Another forward would be gravy, but IMO they don't need to spend the money or assets obtaining that forward, unless the PP goes to hell during the season.

A freshly drafted defensive prospect and a pick would be a great return for a salary strapped team, givin the value I think Schneider holds.

Disagree with me and thats quite fine (I don't follow the Canucks more than 12 times a year) but if you do give me a reason, I'd love to debate it in a objective manner.
I agree. Actually the ducks may be even more interested in a forward like Pyatt or Pettinger plus a draft pick than Ellington & a pick. The Ducks really don't have much bargaining power.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote