View Single Post
Old
08-28-2008, 04:54 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
Really?? Most of my Devil fans friends dont like the guys game at all. I wasnt overly impressed from what little I've seen of him... maybe I'm just relying on thier word too much.

As for racking up more points that the NYR 4th line... well, thats kinda impressive, until you look at the 4th line LOL...

I'll have to take a closer look this season I guess...
I think it's easy to get frustrated with players who don't do a whole lot offensively in a season where the offense suffers, so that may explain it. Also, he was the closest thing to a "replacement" for one of the more beloved non-Allstar-level Devils in recent times, Cam Janssen, and doesn't play at all like Cam (aka, he can play hockey as well as cannonball and rile up the crowd). The general consensus is that he can be a Randy McKay type player who can be a pest but also chip in offensively here and there. He's 99% likely to never be a 30 goal guy, but I can see him putting up around 30-40 points a season once he's developed more. Specifically, he needs work on his skating, which takes away from both his all-around play as well as his checking. He led the team in hits this year, but also probably led the team in slips and spills. But he has pretty good play at both ends, and better hands than you'd typically expect from a 4th (or 3rd) line grinder/pest like him. I think that Holik should have a good effect on helping him develop into a more effective player, if they are on a line together.

But yeah, as soon as I saw this thread it was obvious Marty was gonna win it.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote