View Single Post
Old
08-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Krautso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I don't know about that. Kovalev was representing the team in this instance here and he did fine. I don't see how it would be any different if he were captain. He is pretty much as close to being captain of the team as you can get without actually being one.
That interview was a six minute ass kissing contest by the reporters. Kovy's character and leadership abilities won't be tested unless he or the team starts slumping. He never has a problem with the media when everything is going well...who does really?

I was just suggesting that Koivu has been through the rollercoaster in MTL and handled himself professionally and like a good captain should in all his dealings with the media. Kovy's track record in that department is a little shadier. I think that if he or the team started to slump his "mentoring" and "leadership" would dry up pretty quickly, his mood would sour and he wouldn't be stepping in front of too many cameras.

Here's hoping that doesn't happen though..the team needs him to pick up where he left off last year. It does seem like he turned the corner the previous off-season but I need to see more than one year of it. I'm really hoping that Tangs can mix well with Koivu and take the scoring pressure off of Kovy. Kovalev is the type of guy who wants to steal the spotlight rather than have it thrust upon him.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote