Thread: Speculation: McCabe Trade Ideas...
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
You're paying a guy $5.75M strickly for offense, which he didn't provide a ton of last year, who happens to play defense, oh yeah and the NMC.

He doesn't just make his share of blunders, he has next to no defensive awareness, he seems like he doesn't actually know how to play the defensive part of his game.

This is a salary dump for Toronto, so, again, JUST Van Ryn would be great return. You get an NHL player, a top-4 defenseman with some offensive ability, despite his injuries, for a the best RW playing defense in the NHL, good deal for the Leafs.
I agree it is a good deal for both teams especially since Van Ryn is 100%. There are a lot of Panther fans that don't want to trade Van Ryn now that he is 100% healthy. Trust me when I say he is top 4 Dman. I don't mind if we give up something more for McCabe but would hope it's only a lower end prospect(Stewart/Mayer) or a depth forward(Dvorak/Peltonen). I would include Zednik to make the deal happen though if that is what it would take but would prefer not to. I think McCabe just needs a change of scenery and he will improve some of his defense but it doesn't matter because he would be coming here for offense more then defense.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote