Thread: Speculation: McCabe Trade Ideas...
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2008, 12:49 PM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Isn't it finally time to try a little reality?

What about the last few weeks would lead you to believe that McCabe's market value is even in that universe?

Its a done deal. McCabe is going to Florida and Leafs are basically get nothing of value in return. Its pure salary dump for a player whose contract and poor season have reduced his trade value to dust. I have always agreed with you that McCabe is a lot better than he is made out to be on this board, but that doesn't change that fact that he has no trade value at all right now.

Expecting a player like Vermette in return is every bit a laughably ridiculous as all those Okposo/Comeau/1st round pick deals you used to propose.

I really can't believe you are still offering up deals like this.

You'll probably still be posting deals like this months after McCabe is in a Florida uniform.

I'll start by saying I did not once (that I can recall) expect a Okposo in a return for McCabe. I do recall however, I did bring up players names like Comeau, Witt and some of the propsals included either a 1st or a 2nd. But never Okposo. I do believe sir you are mistaken in that regard.

As for Vermette, he isn't all that special. He's a third liner with 2nd line capabilities. Getting a potential 1st pairing dman that can put up 50-60 pts is easily worth a player of Vermettes calibre. But like we discussed, McCabes name has been dragged through the mud and now has somewhat of a negative value in terms of what he truly should be worth.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote