View Single Post
Old
08-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBstyle View Post
Maybe with injury but i'm pretty sure Carbo will try different thing before calling him.

His 4 pts in 10 day wasn't good enough to stick with a club like Phoenix. Good for him if it work for us but if we have a big injury, we are in trouble if we think this guys will save us.
While he's obviously not a saviour (though some thought Brière wasn't either, I'm not comparing them though....), he might fit into the category of a guy who hasn't had his chance and might do better elsewhere. Wouldn't be the first and wouldn't be the last.

Seems to me that he had a great AHL season during the lockout season. Then end up playing only 3 games with Phoenix in 2005 'cause he was behind guys like Ricci, Reinprecht, Comrie and Scatchard (who was pretty good at the faceoff circle). So pretty easy to see that there was no room for him. Then was traded in LA where he played only 7 games 'cause he was behind guys like Zigomanis, Kapanen, Roenick, Reinprecht. Not the greatest centermen combination, still pretty good at taking faceoff and more experience then Lehoux. So again no room there despite a solid AHL effort.

We do need to realize that he's, with a few others are battling against Chipchura and Lapierre here. Chipchura who's obviously still unproven, and Lapierre who we were suppose to move to the wing.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote