View Single Post
Old
08-31-2008, 09:49 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Presumably, but I doubt we make any more trades/signings. We're going to put our stock in the youngsters and if they don't work out and don't show any signs of being quality players, then we explore free agency to a greater extent.

Now, we could always invite Parrish and/or Murray to camp and see if they can play well enough to warrant an SPC, but I really think we're going with the youth movement this year. We may suck, but I'd rather suck with a bunch of younger players in the lineup who are learning the ropes than a bunch of older veterans who turn out to be a waste of cash. That's what got Toronto into their current condition.
Personally I think it would be stupid for Poile to just go with the youngsters this year. I wouldnt have a problem with it if this organization was firmly planted in nashville but I don't think we can afford a rebuild, which is basically what this season would be. jokien isnt amazing but he's still young and could probaly be had for cheap. Plus if we decide he didnt work out we can let him walk after this season. I don't see the risk there. I do however think if we were to sign Parrish/Murray it would have to be a 1 year deal

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote