View Single Post
Old
09-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Sturm und Drang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
First saying he was 4th on the team in points isn't saying much, the whole team struggled last season to score.
The team struggling to score is exactly why I don't want to lose a proven goal scorer, even if he is 40. The man can still shoot. I know we signed some new offensive talent this year, but we also lost some so I see no guarantee that goals are not still going to be at a premium on this team next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Also you don't think he blocked anyone last year at 4 mil? Petr Prucha says hi. No Shanny Petr atleast gets a shot to do something last year, not be in the press box. Lauri Korpikoski is a LW who we drafted in the first round and spent time developing. When does he get a shot? Doesn't Shanny block him too? Another younger homegrown talent. The whole thing we are supposed to be doing in this new NHL. Shanny will play elsewhere..........my bet is the Blues.
His point total in his "terrible" season last year was about equal to Prucha's career best season a couple years ago (47 points). Prucha's obviously much younger and has more years ahead of him, but he's not exactly a hot young prospect at 26. I really have only seen Korpikoski in that one playoff game, so I won't try to evaluate him (he obviously looked good scoring...).

I just don't see anyone on this roster I'd really rather see on the right wing on the power play, or really on the 2nd line at even strength (at least to start the year). You want Prucha as a 2nd liner, or Callahan? It wouldn't be terrible, but if we can have Shanahan for a good price I'd like to have him. If it takes another 5 million it may not make sense. I guess I feel like with some of the wholesale roster changes we've been making I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit of continuity and proven success with the Rangers come back in the form of Shanahan.

Sturm und Drang is offline   Reply With Quote