View Single Post
09-03-2008, 06:57 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
I can see Mexicans liking the game, but I think it has a snowballs chance in hell of ever competing with football, or baseball in that country. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
I agree with you on a first stance ... but with time it has more potential in my view. More things go on in hockey ... while "cold" countries play it for obvious reasons ... public wise i believe that "warm" country poeple are more likely to like it because of the nature of the game. namely spectacular, action, violent !

(i am half swiss half mexican and live in Switzerland ... Switzerland is a country made of 3 distinct populations separated by natural barriers ... Germans (swiss germans), Frenchs (swiss frenchs) and italians (swiss italians). Swiss italians represent around 1/20 of the population. In the swiss national Ice hockey league, swiss italians represent 2/12 ... and playing in these places is never easy because fans are very loudy and strongly behind their team. Trust me ... latins love hockey !!

Hence i see a funy future in the short term, and gaining popularity over years. But put a club with money in Mexico DF... i foresee good business and huge success.

Now to have a decent level in the mexican national team may take "a bit" longer.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote