View Single Post
Old
09-03-2008, 09:00 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I just posted about this on the rumor board thread. In order to fit Gaborik under the cap we absolutely have to trade away one of our big contracts. That means Gomez, Drury, Redden, Rozival or Lundqvist. No way we are trading Lundy and I don't think Redden or Rozival make sense for either team, especially since they both just signed this offseason.

So it comes down to Gomez or Drury. My bet would be Drury since he is less dependent on his wings for scoring, and I think the Rangers would be looking to pair Gomez and Gaborik together.

Cherepanov won't be part of the deal because no one knows for sure if he's coming over. I don't think Minnesota would risk it. I think Sanguinetti or Del Zotto would be part of the deal. Minny could ask for Anisimov, but I don't think the Rangers would be willing to give him up.

Throw in Prucha to shed some more salary and give Minny another NHL level player, and a 2nd or 3rd in 2009 and I think the deal could get done.

That would put Dubinsky as the 2nd line center and our top 6 consist of Gomez, Gaborik, Zherdev, Dubinsky, Dawes and Naslund. Fritsche can take the 3rd line center spot until Anisimov is ready.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote