View Single Post
Old
09-04-2008, 03:52 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
WOF - I think Pihlstrom will be on the roster. I have a hard time seeing that third line stick together. It would easily be one of the 5 worst third lines in the league IMO. It is an undisciplined weak even strength line, with no scoring.
I would love to see Pihlström on the roster out of camp but it just doesn't make sense. He would end up playing 10-12 minutes a night, possibly being rotated with Peverley, Ortmeyer, and/or Gratton, as opposed to playing 18-20 minutes a night every night in the AHL. For the sake of his development, it's best for him to go back to Milwaukee and unless he totally blows everyone away in camp this year, that's where he'll be. Which works out for him: he'll have a set up man (O'Reilly), a prominent role, score 35 goals if he stays healthy, and be the first call-up if injury strikes.

Also, outside of Hörnqvist and Jones, he's the only forward that can be freely shuttled back and forth between Nashville and Milwaukee. Peverley and Gratton both have to clear waivers to be sent down. We need Gratton on the roster and I don't think the organization is comfortable enough with putting Peverley on waivers to consider that option.

Quote:
Bonk centering the fourth line? I'll believe it when I see it. He will likely be on the third line, and I think he is better than given credit for. He is no longer a top 6 forward, but when he is in an established checking role, he plays well (at least he did until last season where he had no defined role at any point in the season).
Trotz tried him in several different roles, but didn't use him much if at all on the penalty kill, which perplexed me because that was his bread and butter in Montreal.

I do agree that the lines aren't that great, but if we're going with what we have, like Poile has stated, and those are the lines that Trotz seems to want to put together, we don't exactly have a lot of alternatives.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote