View Single Post
Old
09-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Yeah I agree...but come on man, looking back now. Was his 'reason' really that believable?

What player who has played in the NHL for 17 years, has never won a Cup, has never even come close, hasn't been to the playoffs in 4 years, would refuse a chance to win a Cup because he wanted to feel like he contributed to the team from the beginning of training camp until the end of their season?

Forget the Cup for a second...I mean, Sundin hasn't seen the playoffs since 2004 and he had a chance to do at least that. He didn't waive his NTC probably because he just didn't feel like playing, if you all remember, Sundin shut it down 4 or 5 games before the end of the season and is still undecided about playing...
I'm not disagreeing with you. But there are other ways that he could have answered. Or as you mentioned, he shouldn't have to say anything.

Sundin's mistake was coming out and making that statement, then a few months later stating the exact opposite was possible.

Sundin is known for being an honest player. If he states something in the media, I can't blame people for taking what he says as his word.