vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Come again?

Staal-Redden
Roszival-Girardi
Mara-Kalinen

That, my friend, is a top 5 defense in the entire league...to go along with our top 5 goaltender.

I agree that we are in desperate need of a winger that can score, which makes it all the more mindboggling that you wont give up prospects for someone like Gaborik.
Staal is entering his second season, putting him on the top pair is not a good idea. This is also a player who could struggle this season. I know nobody even thinks of sophmore slump with this guy but it's very possible, esp at his position and the increased responsibilities.

Redden comes in with a lot of question marks and a huge contract. There is no guarentee he comes in as the old Redden. What if this guy is -15 buy end November?

Rozsival- Good player but is not overpaid. He was a top guy here but in reality he is a 2nd pair dman......well atleast on most teams he is.

Mara - Guy was scratched for Jason Strudwick and now he's part of one of the best bluelines in the NHL?? Huh?

Kalinen- How good could he have been if Buffalo just let him go? I admit I don't know much about this player and I am interested to see what he brings. I'm hoping he is just solid in his own end and doesn't take lazy/stupid PIMS.

Anyhow I think all this talk about our D being so great is almost as premature as talking about Zherdev's 40 goal season. There is potential for greatness but just as much potential for this set of D to struggle, esp right out of the gate.
Lastly, who on that list would you consider a great defensive dman, even better who would you say is our physical defender? I say we have neither. This to go along with a bunch of small soft fowards.........damn this team better be DAMN FAST.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote