View Single Post
Old
09-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
I love how everyone has to comment on that one Drury comment. The blind Ranger fans rush in to support Drury and his season last year! Yes, lets all celebrate this 20+ goal scorer in the hopes that he can be our savior next season! And we still have Gomez to put up 15 goals and 55 assists, YES. Stanley Cup here we come.

In all seriousness I completely agree with that poster. Drury will not score 37 goals in New York under this defensive structure. I know, we are hopeful Ranger fans but I'm a realist. I don't think a player turns into a super star just because he starts wearing our uniform. If he does lead the team in goals than we are in trouble because that means we still don't have a legitimate goal scorer. Zheredev will lead the team especially if Gomez centers for him. He has the raw talent with skating, stick handling, and shooting that Drury just doesn't have. With a decent play maker and top line minutes in the Big Apple I wouldn't be surprised if the kid put up 30 - 40 goals. And if we want to be a legit team this year we NEED him to do that. Because Henrik can't make us a playoff team unless we give him the offensive support he needs. Honestly, we are one of the most anemic teams in the NHL offensively and we can use all the help we can get.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote