View Single Post
Old
09-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
He doesn't have more upside than Cherepanov, but I think the chances of him reaching his upside are definitely higher.

Anyway, it's really hard for me to care about Cherepanov right now because there is a big chance he'll never come over here. For some reason, to me he just doesn't seem like the kind that will leave it all behind to prove himself on a higher level. Sadly, that's the kind of impression I've gotten of him so far based on his interviews and such.

I really hope that's not the case though
How did you get that from his interviews? I got the exact opposite. He stated he wants to play in the NHL. He stated he wants to show the other teams who passed him up what a mistake they made. He said he will finish his contract to his russian club then come to NA. I don't see any grey area in what he said. To me the Rangers are doing everything right with this kid and hopefully they get rewarded with thier patience next season.

Let me ask this, lets say Chery has almost the same exact season he had last year in Russia, where do you guys think he starts in NA? NHL or AHL? Again based on another season just like last year. Also does he play both wings or just RW.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote