Thread: News Article: Rangers 2008 Training Camp Roster
View Single Post
Old
09-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Wrong. He went back to Russia when he wasn't good enough to stick and he had no interest what so ever to go to the AHL. We traded his rights after he bolted. I even think he had a clause in his contract for god sake. What does that tell you about this guy? Screw him.
It doesn't tell me anything about Kondratiev because that's not the way it happened. He split the season between Russia and Hartford after the lockout (as was allowed under the contract he signed with the Leafs) and then made the Rangers out of training camp in 2005-6, getting sent down to Hartford in the middle of the season and then was traded to Anaheim--where he played out the season (including the playoffs) with their AHL team. The Rangers didn't trade his rights because he "bolted" and he never went anywhere while with the Ranger organization without permission or a contract. After the 2006 season he signed as a free agent with Togliatti in Russia. He also played 4 games with the Ducks last year and then played the rest of the season in Russia (according to squishy's blog).

I have no problem with Drats not wanting to play in the AHL. Hockey players have limited careers and have to do what will advance their careers. Being stuck playing all year in the AHL for a fraction of what salaries are in Russia, doesn't make much sense when you have to go through re-entry waivers and your team is expecting their Conn Symth winner back during the season.
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ayerId=8469615

Last edited by Brooklyn Ranger: 09-06-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote