View Single Post
Old
09-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
People, Anisimov never ever going to be offensive force. Forget about PPG nonsense. More upside than Cherepanov? Thats insanity, i watched both in RSL, in juniors even in the same line you can really see who is more talented player. Heck Grachev is better player already let alone Cherepanov. Anisimov is all about long hands, good skating and game smarts, there is nothing outstanding in his offensive game. Vasicek 2.0.
Yeah I agree with your assesment of him right now -- and your end result is defenitly not unlikely; like him becomming something like a Zubrus/Vasicek type of player.

But you also never know; all it takes it that he develops some kind of "niché" offensivly that he can resort too and then gets to play in the right development -- and you got 65-70 pt scorer on your hand.

Like if Anisimov develops a really heavy shot -- kind of like a Brian Roloston. Its not unusual that talented players expands their register like that. Like I defenitly don't ever remember seeing Malkin use his slapper when he was 16-17 y/o; and I never saw him play the point. I think thats something he developed later in his career. Sundin did the same thing and Jagr too. John LeClair is the eternal example... Mike Knuble.

There are many options, like when Dubinsky where younger he got all his offense basically from twisting and turning down low; he was defenitly not a threat on the rush. In the NHL D's down low are a bit too strong for him; but he developed his abilitys on the rush tremendously and it seemed like he got most his pts off the rush last season. Anisimov might add 30 lbs the comming 3-4 years and become extremely strong along the boards for example.

My point is that there is still room for development for Anisimov, and its not compleltey unlikely that he might get that "niché" offensivly. But I also agrees with you that he ain't on track to become a 75 pt player right now.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote