Old
09-06-2008, 10:25 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
Is anyone else really not impressed at all with Redden's attitude? He doesn't seem to care about anything, doesn't seem at all excited to be joining the Rangers, and really just seems very "blah" about everything. Naslund, on the other hand, seems to be the polar opposite, at least at first glance.

As for Zherdev, there was a CBJ fan commenting on one of the Ranger blogs last week saying he heard Zherdev showed up for testing with Rangers with a "pot belly". He wouldn't give a source when asked, but was adamant in his claim that he was telling the truth. Here's the comment, take it for what it's worth:

"Regardless, enjoy Zherdev, he will pull some sick moves no doubt, the real challenge is whether or not he decides to play the full year. He played 82 games last year for the jackets but only actually showed up for about 55.

I have heard he is not off to a great start--apparently he showed up for testing the other day with a pot belly. Strenth and conditioning has never been his forte and if he doesn't have someone riding him, he just won't do it.

He is good enough that he will score between 20-25 on skill alone, but in the end, I am not sure Gomez and Drury are going to enjoy picking up his slack.

His linemates in Columbus found him hard to play with because he was so unpredictable and unreliable.

He will score some highlight reel goals for you, but in the end he hasn't developed into a guy you can really count on. Hitchcock had made some strides with him and Renney is similar in the sense that he won't tolerate much b.s., but if his conditioning has slipped that much this summer, the rangers have their work cut out for them."

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...17601756052992
I don't believe a word of that. It reeks of "you took our skill guy... I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make myself feel better about it."

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote