View Single Post
Old
09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
There are a bunch of things that make me mad in that game, but most were out of my control. What made me mad was that it gave Clinton a home ice advantage, as we had split the home and home over the season, ya know?

But whats done is done.

I explain what went wrong this way to everyone and anyone that asks: 9 out of 10 times, that game is a 1-1 game in the third period with 5 minutes left. Heres the list of what went wrong from my POV:

- My best linemate, and now my college roomate, breaks his skate blade 2 shifts into the game. **** That Noise.
- Our goalie, who had the best 2 weeks of goaltending of his life since beating clinton and throughout playoffs, has his worst game ever.
- I found out 2 weeks after the game that I tweaked my groin in the 2nd period. I got the only assist on our goal though.
- Our All-State Dman, who had been out with an appendix injury, comes back and tries to do WAY too much by running around. I later found out he felt as high as a kite because he took too many pain killers hahahaha.

I'm sure I could find more, but those are the main ones.

Should have been a better game, but I believe in Karma and life goes on...
Yea I know man, its a tough pill to swallow. Wasnt any better in 97 from my side. I watched that 07 game though, and I have to agree, that has to be the worst game Ive seen Rich play ever. And from the drop of the puck, I said the biggest mistake that Carson made was playing Furgal. He wasnt ready, and you guys were playing great hockey, rallying around him not being there. To this day I think it was the single biggest mistake of that game.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote