View Single Post
Old
09-09-2008, 01:13 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Here is the thing though bodhisattva, look at the enivronment Shanny was allowed to operate in. I posted this in the other shanny thread.......

Shanny's Environment:
-allowed to sit in the slot on our first PP unit and wait for the other 4 players on the ice to do all the work and set him up for a slapshot which 9 times out of 10 ends up comfortably in the goalies chest
-allowed to avoid any high contact areas including along the boards and in front of the net
-never has to forecheck under any circumstance
-never responsible for carrying the puck into the offensive zone, allowed to just dump the puck in and let the other forwards chase it
-allowed to make sloppy backhanded passes towards the middle of the ice without any fear of discipline from Tom Renney in the form of a benching or less ice time
-allowed to play with our best playmaking forward in Gomez for every single even strength shift

That is about as ideal an environment a player can be allowed to operate in. So if the question is can someone else like Naslund, Zherdev, Prucha, Dawes or Cally score 20 goals if they are allowed to operate in that environment, I would say yes.

Take a look at our roster. The one thing we have plenty of is 3rd liners. As soon as things get dicey and the offense falls into a slump Renney is gonna look to Shanny. The idea of Shanny playing the wing on Gomez's line again makes me physically ill.
exactly the way i saw it last season as well....put a player like callahan on gomez's wing this season and see how many goals he scores....i can almost guarentee 20 goals from him just by getting 20 mins a night and playing 1st pp and even strength with gomez

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote