View Single Post
Old
09-09-2008, 01:50 PM
TomLaidlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
The thing is, Tom, that Shanny did those things because he was playing on a knee that isn't 100% healthy, and the Rangers didn't really have much in the way of other options. Maybe I'm just searching for reasons to be optimistic about this (the truth is that if I were running the team I don't think I'd try to bring him back), but I believe that the coaching staff is smart enough to know when a player is hurting the team and when to try a different route.

I also think that both sides will be smart enough to see whether or not Shanny is fully healed from the knee injury that was bothering so much in the second half last year. If he's not, I don't think you'll see him on the ice all that much.
clmetsfan, I hear what your saying. The Redden signing for example is something I am really worried about. However, I can find aspects of that signing to be optimistic about and I am putting my faith into our front office that they did their homework on him. This Shanny situation however has me totally baffled. It would be a direct contradiction to the type of team we are building and the type of team Renney said we will be. I just don't get the benefit of throwing him onto this current team. It is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. If we are feeling nostaglic lets give Marty Straka a call, he would fit this teams new look alot better than Shanny, at least he can still skate.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote