View Single Post
Old
09-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Shanny wouldn't be able to play that kind of game, no doubt. I'm not sure what the thinking is behind them considering bringing him back but assume it's leadership (yeah, we're sick of that word and even Shanny doesn't want to hear it), PP (his right handed shot from the left side is still pretty accurate) and PK (I think he was the team's best PKer last season and it's funny saying that but on the PK, you really cannot hide, and he didn't). As well, as Sather looks as his roster he sees five guys who have topped 20 goals in their career. One is Prucha and the other is Gomez (who did it once). Does Sather feel this team is lacking scoring depth and are dependent to guys like Naslund regaining form, Dawes breaking out, Dubi not having a sophomore slump without Jagr, etc.

Just trying to get behind the thinking of the masterminds. I believe they're interested based on Shanny's comments, and I don't think they'd lead him astray. Perhaps he's working on a player/coach deal and so they can pay him more and not have the cap hit (is that even possible?).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote