View Single Post
Old
09-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
If you want to see Emelin live. #74 Green.

http://video.sportbox.ru/VidySporta/...andinamomoskva

1-0 Moscow already. Emelin was just used briefly on a PP and now was used in the first moments defending a 5 on 3. Did well.

2-0 Moscow. Emelin on the ice. Got shifted by #10 in front of the net but gave him a neat hip check to stop the attack and made the guy fly a little. But then the puck got to the other side of an empty net and they scored.

For the oldies like me, it's cool to see Oleg Petrov again, #14 for Kazan.

2-1 in the 2nd PP goal for Kazan. Morozov would look good in a Habs uniform....

3-2 in mid-3rd. Didn't have time to watch the whole game, but just witness a great shift by Emelin. 1 on 1, the guy again try to shift him, Emelin bodychecked him to the ground. Then a little later another 1 on 1 close to the net, Emelin positioned well his stick deflecting the puck. Showed great balance on that shift.

I don't know if he always play like that, but seems to me that Emelin is not paired with the greatest d-man out there. Panin played a terrible game from what I've seen. And if it's always like that, well it's understandable to see Emelin not going hard on the offensive side of the game. He has to compensate for his teamates mistake. But again, I don't watch tons of KHL games so far so it might only be a bad day for Panin.

If I'm not mistaken, not going well for Trunev and his team. 4-0 for the opponent in the 3rd.

And Moscow wins this one 4-3 in OT. Nice wrister by Rylov.

Emelin played once or twice in OT. Kazan had a PP in OT and Emelin saw some PP time for the last 13 seconds of it.....Moscow had tied the game with 1 minute left in the 3rd.

Nice game from what I saw from Emelin. Not extraordinairy 'cause there are still some positional mistakes he makes and the fact that he's not always dynamic. Still, there were some nice things throughout the game that was nice to see. Didn't see the whole game though but didn't see any offensive effort from him, mostly defensive from the time I saw him.

Nikulin seems a fine d-man though while Kosmachev makes me think of Traverse....and not only because of his number (#54).

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-11-2008 at 07:48 PM.