View Single Post
Old
09-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
It's pure speculation from your part, we don't know how good Plekanec would have been in the lock-out season. The only thing we are sure of is that when he made the team in 2005-06, he was excellent defensively and still needed some time to adjust offensively.

I also believe he's more talented than Chipchura and I don't really follow your reasonning...

The fact that Plekanec needed at least 2 full years (and 3 was just even better for his development) to be ready and that he's more talented shouldn't that be an argument in favor of Chipchura staying another year in Hamilton?
I agree with you to the extent that Chipchura would benefit from an additional year in the AHL. Unfortunately, the center situation is in flux. The Habs obviously need strengthening there. Ordinarily, we wouldn't be debating whether Higgins, SKost, or Chipchura should center the third line. However, Chipchura may get that position by default if Gainey doesn't make a move and the others prove to be inadequate. Some posters think that SKost could learn the position in time, but I'd be concerned about how it would affect the team while he's learning. Center is an important position both offensively and defensively.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote