View Single Post
Old
09-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Blackjackz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
... Well Gillis hasn't done a substantial amount of 'firing', which you seem to want - he has done substantial amount of hiring as well as creating a management dynamic we haven't had before.

I'd say the front office is drastically changed not just in personal (which has seen a major budget increase), but also in management style...
I have to agree with you on this, Gillis has obviously focused on developing the management of the franchise by bringing in some new and well respected faces, while reshuffling the various roles and responsibilities of key personnel. While people whinge and moan about his inability to force Mats Sundin to make a decision, his ability to attract some very well respected hockey men such as Gagner, Mellanby and Walters has kept a low profile. In the long term, it is moves like this that will build a successful and repsected franchise more so than simply getting 'this player' or 'that player'. While I am as impatient as anyone for this team to win, I think what MG has done to the management of the team will make it much easier to attract talent to Vancouver over the long haul.

Blackjackz is offline   Reply With Quote