Thread: Chipchura
View Single Post
Old
09-13-2008, 02:45 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't understand how people can use the word hate and Habs player in the same sentence but that's just me I guess. There's been several players I didn't care for, for various reasons, but I can't say I really ever "hated" a player, to me that's a bit harsh when talking about a person that plays a game for the team that I love so much. But to each his own.

I do like to see different opinions cause if everyone thought the same it would be boring. That said it seems that some section of fans around here will dump on any player, I thought Price would be the exception but he's already fallen a few notches it appears.

The organization has clearly been on the rise since the "dark ages" of the late '90's and early '00's. We won the east for the first time in some 15 years and were the top scoring, top PP, and one of the most exciting teams to watch last year and at least it looks like we will be even better this coming season barring major injuries.

Higgins is not a great player, he's had 3 full seasons in the NHL, in which he's averaged about 24 goals and some 44 points. Only 2 players on last years team had more goals then Higgins (Kovalev/Pleks) He should continue to get better as he's still likely got a couple years before he hits his prime imo. He works hard, he's a smart player and he is clearly one of our top goal scorers. Relax and enjoy the Habs ride. :du mbo:
You forgot the