The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles06 View Post
Agreed.

Marleau: GP-78, G-19, A-28, P-48
Kovalchuk: GP-79, G-52, A-35, P-87

i don't think Kovy had 39 points in that one game difference. The point differntial between the two is basically the number 2 scorer for the Islanders. SJ needs to add a lot more.

But unless your sending back a franchise player to ATL they don't dump theres. He's only 25 and will proably stay in ATL until hes 39 and then the Rangers will sign him for 12 mil a season for 3 years.
A few things are terribly wrong with this post.

1. You used a bad year from Marleau and compared it to Kovalchuk.

2. Kovalchuk was outscored by Marleau in 07, when Kovalchuk had a stronger team than the one he had in 08.

3. As an Islander fan, I wouldn't be talking about handing out stupid contracts like you just did there. That Rick DiPietro contact is arguably the worst I've seen in quite some time, and I can honestly say that, being a Ranger fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius View Post
If Ducks have enough cap space at Trade deadline and ATL looks like they are really out of it, how's this rebuild package?

To Anaheim:
- Ilya Kovalchuk

To Atlanta:
- Logan MacMillan
- Eric Tangradi
- Brendan Mikkelson
- 2009 1st-round pick
- 2010 2nd-round pick
Good luck getting Kovalchuk without giving up one of Getzlaf or Perry in the deal.

It'll probably take Getzlaf/Perry, a top prospect, top-4 defenseman, and 1 or 2 1st rounders, depending on who the prospect and the defenseman are.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote