View Single Post
Old
09-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Lats and Higgins are not top-6 talent (not on this team anymore, K Brothers, Kovalev, Tanguay are above). And both are RFA's at the end of the season. All I'm saying is that if Bob thinks we need a bit more punch and is confident we can go for a cup, I would think these guys are the prime targets for a trade. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for all of them to stay and I'm not a big fan of deadline trades, but we have to face that possibility.

TK, Dandenault, Begin are gone at the end of the year (before that for Dandy) and I'm not going to lose sleep over it. We have to deal with Tanguay, Kovalev, Koivu, Lang and Komisarek really. Koivu will not stay (most likely). I don't know about Lang, but I'm quite sure Tanguay and Kovy will be here next year.

Anyways, I'm steering off topic here.
Koivu won't be back?..Yea, I'm sure he doesn't care about the Habs anymore and wants out for his probably last contract that makes a whole lot of sense..
Koivu is going to want to finish his career here, and I don't see why Gainey wouldn't resign him.
Somehow in your special mind, Lang and Tanguay are most likely coming back but Koivu isn't..loll

Bob Gainey refused to trade away Higgins for HOSSA at the dealine last season when we were fighting for FIRST in Conference.
This year he'd be willing to trade Higgins/Latendresse for a big fish?..who's really bigger than Hossa??

I strongly doubt Latendresse will be moved seeing as Gainey went after his brother. Lats won't be moved, or not this season at least. Bob refused to deal Higgins last year at deadline, so I doubt he'd do it this season.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote