View Single Post
Old
09-13-2008, 06:21 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Koivu won't be back?..Yea, I'm sure he doesn't care about the Habs anymore and wants out for his probably last contract that makes a whole lot of sense..
Koivu is going to want to finish his career here, and I don't see why Gainey wouldn't resign him.
Somehow in your special mind, Lang and Tanguay are most likely coming back but Koivu isn't..loll
I agree that Koivu is probably going to end his career here , but at what kind of price and for how many season(s ) ?

This coming season , we will see a lot of things that are going to determinate what the Habs are going to be next seasons ;

Is Kovy will repeat his last season and be the leader of the Habs ?
Is Koivu just had a bad season , or is he really on his decline ?
What kind of season Lang can give with good linemates .
How Latendresse will do , after his summer skating training ?
How good Maxpac will be at the pro level ?
How good Ben Maxwell will be at the pro level ?
what Chipchura will do ?
Who are going to be free agents next summer ?

Do you think that Gainey is going to sacrifice Chipchura or Plekanec to make room for Koivu , if he still play like he did last season ?

When he was trying to sign Sundin , what do you think that Gainey had in mind ? Witch of the Habs centers would have seen his ice time reduced ?

Most of the fans right now put Lang on the 3 th line , but is it that sure ? Even if he played with a best NHL offensive team , Saku got 10 less points scored at ES than Lang .

I don't say that the Habs won't resign Koivu , or that Gainey doesn't want to resign him ; i just wanted to show that the decision to resign or not Koivu , won't be an easy decision as you think

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote