View Single Post
Old
09-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Trottier
Very Random

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioJoeCorvo View Post
Actually, the Sens did have to jettison Chara, Havlat, Redden, etc because they cost too much. They did have enough to keep Heatley and Spezza, but only because of all the other players they did away with.

Same goes for the Devils....
So?

This thread is based on flimsy assertions that Atlanta is going to be "forced" to move their superstar, their cornerstone player.

My point is that teams typically do anything in their power to retain their top talent. The Sens had to let Chara go? True. And they retained arguably the best 1-2 punch in the Conference as a result. (And you can have Havlat, and Redden is a question mark at this point.)

Periodically, the vultures swoop in and declare a team has no choice other than to give up their top talent. Then, predictably, the same vultures make hysterically low-ball offers for said player.

Exactly what is happening here.

Based on history, I believe that the chances of Kovo going anywhere are slim, unless of course he gives an ultimatum down the road. But it is so premature to be discussing this now. Of course, on HF, panic is forced way ahead of its time. Amusing, as always.

(As for the Pens, since you mentioned them: Odd how fans of inferior teams JUST LOVE to deconstruct the elite teams. Frankly, I doubt Shero is panicked. As long as he has Crosby/Malkin/ and MAF locked up, his team will compete annually, guaranteed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Try harder
OK, I will. How's this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
JR didn't engineer a cup champion, he lucked his way into it.

Last edited by Trottier: 09-13-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote