Old
09-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Obviously Staal is going to be at worst a good third line centerwho can score 15-20 goals and kill penalties, but that is not the kind of player you should be getting with the #2 overall pick in the draft. Look at #2 overall picks since 1997

Marleau
Legwand
Sedin
Heatley
Spezza
Lehtonen
E. Staal
Malkin

Jordan Staal doesn't come close to measuring up to anybody in this group. Probably the worst in the group is Lehtonen whose stock has been hurt by injuries and being stuck behind Atlanta's perenially hapless defense. I don't think anybody would take any of the forwards in that group over Staal. Legwand was in the same position o being considered a draft bust until he finally became a solid point producing two-way player. He's still not good enough to justify being the #2 pick, although granted it wasn't a great year. But Staal may never be even as good as Legwand is now, much less better.
You decide what Staal will be at his worst, then proceed to use those projections of Staal at his worst to say that it isn't the sort of player you want with a number 2 pick, how is that fair? especially when your initial post would suggest you don't really have much of a clue to begin with let alone enough of a clue to predict what Staal will do with his career. Staal may never be as good as Legwand, Staal may be better than everyone on this list, you do not know and to speak as if you do just looks foolish. Seriously do you even know how young Staal is, and your going to write him off as a bust lol, most players haven't done anywhere near what Staal has done at his age. Also for all of this wah wah you should not take a defensive sort of guy with the 2nd pick, if I had a chance to get a guy like Holik when he was first with the Devils I would jump on it with a number 2 pick.

Last edited by Morozov: 09-14-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote