View Single Post
Old
09-14-2008, 10:56 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Quite honestly, Chipchura's chances to actually make it to the Canadiens one day are pretty low IMO. Our style of play and the team Gainey built is not made for Chipchura IMO. He's not fast, no so offensive, and not so good at faceoffs. He'd be a good player, but I just don't see him fitting on this team. Just look at the current roster. Even when Chipchura will be at his peak, he will be weaker than the weakest player on our current top-9.

And before you say Latendresse is a slow fatass and that he's not fit for this team either, well at least he has good hands, is one year younger, and scored 32 goals in the NHL between age 19 and 21. Not many players can say they did...

That being said, having both Lapierre and Chipchura make one of those two expandable in a trade, as they are two great, young assets. But the team can't have them both on the team at the same time.
I'd say the opposite, I think he chances of making the Habs full time at some point is very good. He's the type of player Gainey/Carbo/Jarvis would know we need. He's the type of player you want to have in the playoffs. I think some underrated him because he's not flashy, doesn't rack up the points, his skating isn't great and neither is his foot speed.

But he's very smart, strong physically, good puck mover, great PKer. He does have offensive skills but he'll always be known for his defensive play. If he doesn't make the team this year, it's not a big deal, he should have a spot on next years team on the 4th line imo. He's still young and need to improve on his game but if he continues to do that, in a couple years I expect him to be a solid NHLer for us.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote