View Single Post
Old
09-14-2008, 07:13 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Bieska also had a major injury which we dont even know how he can play and why would you add sangs in the trade when Gomez clearly has much more value than Bieska when they were talking about Gionta for Bieska straight up. none of it makes sense.
First off we all know the reliability of the source. Second I'd expect there be much more than Bieska coming back for Gomez and Sanguinetti. What that would be is what would make it a deal or not--and not knowing I wouldn't say yes or no.

What I am saying is there could be logic to such a deal--even logic to including Sanguinetti after this summers drafting of a similar styled offensive minded d-man in Del Zotto and looking at our projected defense at the moment we have Staal, Redden and Roszival who will all most likely be here 4 seasons from now by which time Del Zotto I would hope would be at least knocking on the door and Girardi as well may be still around and to which Bieska would be added as well. And looked at this way two quality players in your lineup (Sundin + Bieska) for the price of one quality player--the team is bigger, with someone for a change with a mean streak playing defense and we might even some cap space in the next couple years.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote