View Single Post
Old
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patlafoy View Post
IT'S A SHAME!!! I just got back and two employees (front and behind) told me that the organization decided to close the rookie camp to the public in the last few days. A bunch of real fans were very disapointed this morning and it's a bad start for the upcoming season!
At the very least, they should just have told the fans that it would be that way this year.

As a fan perspective, (I know it might not be the best way to improve a player or to develop him), it just really strange to see the difference in philosophy. Most teams, not only do they participate in tournaments to put their players in game situations, but now we're seeing more and more those games on TV for the public to see.

In Habs land, scrimmages are not important and now we close it to the fans.

But then, how they develop and reach the NHL is what is important. Until then, it is dissapointing for a city like ours who can't wait for hockey to start....

Let's hope for some good reports and unbiased opinions from journalists....When you have to wait for Michel Villeneuve for some opinions on our prospects.....makes me think they should close it to journalists and let the fans come in...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote