View Single Post
Old
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
if speed is going to be the MO of this team then Freddie Sjostrom better be apart of it...i think he is going to do some wonderful things in this system.
The mind-boggling thing in all this "speed kills " approach (which I'm not against) is that the Rangers play 50% of their games on the choppy, brittle, soft Madison Square Garden ice. An ice surface that either defeats or seriously restricts the speed game, the quick pass transition game and the finesse/skill game.

Remember, the whole "speed kills" theory is not just about skating speed. It's about quick first passes......... quick, agressive transitions, high-paced passing and attack.

So I hope Rangers management has a well thought out plan for improving the Garden ice. Otherwise, this team's top two lines will get plowed by their opponents.

I do remember hearing a rumor earlier in the summer that Sather and the rest of the Garden brass had intentions of doing something about the terrible Garden ice. What exactly that "something " would be, is a mystery.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote