View Single Post
Old
09-16-2008, 10:18 AM
moz
Gute Post

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Keogh View Post
It seems to me like there is a lack of communication between Senators management and their (top) prospects. If Nikulin doesn't understand why he's at the rookie camp again, this can be explained quite easily with a 5 to 10 minute meeting. I know it might be a bit time-consuming but it seems like small entrance interviews, at least with some players, would be useful. There's a difference between coddling the players and enlightening them as to how they can get the most out of the exercise. I thought the same thing with the Kaigorodov affair.
This has been a long term problem with this team. It seems like a lot of clarification or explanation is bypassed, but I don't think it's intentional so much as proof of "the way things [the minutiae of prospect development, contract non-negotations etc.] are done". Communication has not been a forte in recent years but it might only feel specific to Ottawa, because the Senators are the only team we watch with this close a microscope. However there are a lot of people who have left Ottawa with a bad taste in their mouth, not limited to Kaigorodov, Chara, Commodore and Lapointe, who said they were never communicated with at all.