View Single Post
Old
09-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Sundin would have been better, but clearly, Gainey felt that Sundin wasn't coming or else he wouldn't have shut the door. I think a lot of teams are going to be kicking themselves when Sundin announces his retirement.

I am very happy with Lang. I'm getting tired of people calling him a third line center. Montreal does not have a "third" line anymore. We don't have a "second" line either. We have three scoring lines and a checking line. We got six wingers who can all produce at 40-80 points with the right playing time, PP time and linemate support, then we have three centermen who can produce between 50-80 points with the right playing time, PP time and winger support. That is awesome. With only two scoring lines we were able to score more goals than any other team in the NHL.

And with all of that said, this team is absolutely solid when it comes to dealing with injuries. Plekanec goes down? Lang or Koivu moves onto his line, and Lapierre can go off the wing and back into a center position. One of the Kostitsyn's go down? Call up a youngster like D'Agostini or Pacioretty for a few games. We have absolutely no worries up front.

262 goals last season, without Lang, without Tanguay.

Lets make it 300 this year.

Edit: The guy drove 12 hours from Chicago to Montreal just to arrive with enough time to get a little shut eye then skate for the team. That is god damn commitment.

Last edited by Lone Rogue: 09-17-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote