Thread: News Article: Wednesday's Larry Brooks...
View Single Post
Old
09-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Larry and Fletch, I think when you cut Jagr out of the equation and there isn't a player/line taking 25-28 minutes a night, you have to alter your strategy. Over-reliance on the top line isn't going to pay the kind of dividends it used to, at least I don't think so.

I envision a useable 4th line that can play more ES minutes so that your other lines are hitting their ideal TOI's. Everyone needs to chip in what they can because the team isn't built to carry 6-8 forwards that make no contribution, as has been the case for so long.
Yes, you do...But you can't minimize your 2nd line--which I think the Rangers are doing..These are the lines that will get the most time and if the 2nd line is unproductive, we are sunk..

I think it would be better to maximize the top TWO lines and find the right combinations for the 3rd and 4th lines where I think we have alot of varied candidates (Prucha, Sjostrom, Betts, Fritsche,Cally, Voros,Rissmiller, Korp, Jessiman, Jamtin, etc..)...where we can go more offensive or defensive.

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote