View Single Post
Old
09-17-2008, 12:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
Melanson explains that, while the goalie is six-foot-eight, his muscle group and tendons are still at six-foot-four.

"It's very important for his improvement the next few years in junior to stay healthy," he said. "He's experiencing a period of stiffness and soreness that's not normal with other goalies.

Anyone want to venture as to what this means?
Think of it in more simple terms, his body is adjusting to his growth spurts. So he's grown at a fast rate but his body needs time to catch up, so he's got to build up strength as his body gets used to his large frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
So does that mean he'll be prone to tendon tears?
Not so much tears from what I understand, but that they are not as strong as they should be, so he has to be careful until he builds up more strength in the muscles and tendons.

Granted this type of stuff isn't my background, the most exposure I've had is working at a gym so take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
For a goalie 6"3 or 6"4, I wonder if his shoulder reaches the vertical bar when he's in butterfly position.
No I don't think so, just look at Price when he's in net, there's not a lot of space from his shoulder to the cross bar though.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote